Pages

Tuesday 28 August 2018

Key into Evaluation

Key into Evaluation
Level Two Set T3

Evaluation requires the skills or reorganisation and inference.  Answers must come from the information in the story. Look for keywords. Consider the writer’s intent.

As Bad as it Gets

The Worst Day of my Life

I don’t believe it.  Last week it was ‘The best day of my life’ and now it’s this.  Why can’t Mr. Thoms have more imagination?

Groaning inwardly, Jaz rolled her eyes, and hoped for inspiration.

OK. Let’s see now. The day I lost my Barbie doll. I was only seven, but I remember the pain. Or the day I tripped over in front of the whole football team. No, I don’t want the entire universe to know about that.

The day old Rexie died was pretty awful. I still miss his great big eyes and waggy tail. He was a lovely dog.

I know! The day Dad lost his job. No that was his worst day. Anyway, he wasn’t out of work long.

The day I missed out on getting into the national swimming team by three lousy rotten seconds.  They don’t come much worse than that.

There’s so much to choose from.  My life is full of worst days. This one’s not so good either.  Now I think of it, I’ve had a terrible life.

Jaz looked over at her friend Elyse, who was adjusting her wheelchair to be closer to the desk.  Injuries from a car accident last month meant that she would be like this for another six weeks. She watched as Elyse started writing.  She wrote without pausing, quickly filling the lines.

Jaz turned to her own desk, lowered her eyes and started writing:  Three days after I turned seven, I took Crystal, my Barbie doll, out on a picnic...

a.  What kind of inspiration was Jaz hoping for
Not a boring day but a good day.

b. What did Jaz mean by ‘Why can’t Mr Thoms have more imagination’?
She meant that he should thought more of a  fun thing to do more than just thinking of old boring things.

c.  What was Elyse most likely writing about?
She  was writing a story without pausing or stopping.

d.  Why do you think that Elyse was able to write  ‘without pausing’?
Because so that she doesn't forget about what she was writing about.

Reaction question:

Do you think Jaz had had a terrible life?  Why do you say that?
Yes because she couldn't do anything fun to make her day better.

Create activity:

Choose either of the writing topics Mr Thom had set and write your own personal recount.

Yay as I went with my mum and my sister and nephew.
We were very happy to see my brother because he is far away from us .We haven't seen my brother for a long time .My mum went into my brothers room and said hi to my brothers.

I gave my brother a huge hug and I talked to him about how i was going at school . And told him I got a computer
he said wow that's cool . My mum talked to him my brother said what did you do at work . My mum said it was good

I had a lot of fun seeing my brother, we sang a song to him and said I hope you get out soon and come back and live with us .

After seeing my brother we went home and watch tv and
had toast after . And then I went to bed .
We had a fun time and we had a good day and now we went home .

In reading my task was to finish off my Key into Evaluation- As bad as it gets.
I answered all questions and hoping that I got all of them correct.
After that was done and completed I did another task which I had to create a recount.
My recount was about going to see my brother.


No comments:

Post a Comment