Pages

Monday 11 March 2019

Writing sample

Caring for Planet Earth


Why is Plastic harmful to the environment(what could we do to stop it)
Well did you ever think that plastic bags were good for using at countdown or any type of shop. Did you know that nearly every single year plastic gets thrown away which is then dumped in a landfill.


Plastic is spreading around in the world's oceans it's causing animals too choke or Die and even coral reefs which fish feed off for protein. But what if there was no coral then there wouldn't be a Marine life. This is what plastic bags cause when they flow into our environment. Now, people are starting  to change their ways by using reusable bags for shopping or an occasion. Plastic makes a big impact on earth which is pollution. Pollution is what makes our earth dirty. Plastic can be effective too animals often sea creatures and all. If plastic enters a sea creatures body it will end up in our food chain which causes sickness like a disease. Plastic is mostly on land but some plastic bags end up in our ocean.  Plastic could also be reusable when it has still been used for shopping. This makes life better when people use plastic bags over and over again. Many people are not thinking about what they are doing when they thrown away plastic bags or plastic items.


It is important that plastic does not get thrown away each day because it causes these kind of problems. The main problem about this is that sea turtles are often the ones who get caught in plastic. Sea turtles think that plastic looks like a jellyfish but it really is plastic which kind of destroys their immune system which causes an environmental problem. The main question is why is plastic harmful to the planet it's because it takes over our food and our creatures that live on this planet. Without changing our ways and actions we wouldn't have a healthy life without eating all of the nutritious foods that we need to survive. (So what could we do to stop this) We can start using reusable bags like cotton made bags from countdown or Pak N Save (Optional) We can use the plastic bags every time we go shopping.

Self and Buddy Evaluation:

Punctuation
Vocab
Organisation
Sentence Structure
Structure and Language
Ideas
Self
R4
R5
R6
R6
R4
R5
Buddy
R4
R5
R5
R5
R4
R5















After writing my writing sample I looked at the writing rubric to help me find if I am at stage 5 or 6. I used the self and buddy evaluation to help me find my level of  using punctuation, vocab, organisation, sentence structure, sentence of language and ideas. My partner was Nidhi we worked collaboratively on each others writing example.  
We each rated our Writing samples stage 1 to stage 6. We gave each others opinions on what we thought we improved and what we need to work on. Self check I thought I used Punctuation and specific words in my Explanation. Partner check my partner gave me and R5 because I hooked the reader in with an interesting explanation. What I need to work is my sentence structure and Ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment