Pages

Monday 17 December 2018

Activity- 3 - Smart searching

                                       



How to be Cyber smart online

First step 

Make sure that your account is locked so that nobody can hack into your account. 
This is important so that your work, Password, Files can't be deleted this is called being cyber safety .

When your online is a good idea to be on the right site because if you are on the wrong site the teacher or caregiver can see your history and what you have been doing while online. It is also a good idea to to stay on task during learning time because it helps you learn more about being Cyber smart. 

Online texting
Make sure that if your texting someone be sure if its someone you know or seen either if its your parents, Teachers or friends it is always good to keep yourself safe. This is called Messaging strangers that you don't even know that well.
Well messaging strangers is unsafe because they might find out where you are from what age you are what you look like and your personality. 
Make sure that your parents know what you are doing because if they don't what you are doing then it is possible that you aren't being cyber safety. 

What is Cyber safety? 

Cyber safety is a time when your searching up websites that don't include inappropriate labels or sites. This is called been cyber smart but being cyber safety is being smart about what you search up or who your sharing your private information to.  

I learnt this from the information that is written on weekly activities. This has told me a lot
about being cyber smart. That's why during learning time I always stay on task. This helps me stay cybersmart. 



5 comments:

  1. Hey there Joel, my name is Billy. I am from the Summer Learning Journey programme. Congratulations on making a positive start to your break, completing activities to a high standard.

    I am originally from Auckland but in June I moved to London, England. So I am currently writing to you from the other side of the world. Pretty cool, right?

    Well done on completing the activity about staying safe online. It's awesome to see that you've found such useful information, and lots of it too!

    I like how you've highlighted one particular sentence in bold so that it stands out and your reader is immediately drawn to it, very clever.

    I try my best to change my passwords often and also use different passwords for different accounts.

    Good luck with your summer blogging and I hope you stay safe online.

    Thanks, Billy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Joel! I can see you understand the safety of being online. It's really great that you have such a detailed blurb that explains each ways of being cyber safe in your footprint. Continue to be safe online Joel and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings Joel,
    That's great you have made a start on the summer learning journey! I hope I see more blog posts. Are you going to continue Blogging?

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  5. Hi Joel,

    I am glad to see that your posting a lot over the pass few days. These tips are very interesting. I'm sure that every one would love to visit this blog post.

    Nice!

    ReplyDelete