Pages

Monday 17 December 2018

Top 3 fun facts about New Zealand

Today I started my first activity on the summer learning journey. I learnt that New Zealand is a special place because of the story that tells about the north island and the south island. 
This is an important piece of information because it is part of history I am really enjoying this first activity. If you read the facts down the bottom you will see the top 3 that I picked I thought these facts were interesting because it  talks a lot about the legend behind Maui's story. 
Fact 1 
Did you know New Zealand is a special place it is where Maui fished up the south north island.
Fact 2
Did you know that the north island is referred to as Te Ika a Maui that is the meaning for Maui's fish. 
Fact 3
Did you know that Maui created the hook from the jawbone of his grandmother. 



3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Joel,

    Welcome to the Summer Learning Journey! I am so glad to see that you have been enjoying your first Summer Learning Journey activity. I am going to be reading and commenting on your blog posts over the summer.

    Thanks for sharing these great facts about New Zealand. The story of Maui really is so interesting!

    Keep up the awesome work! I will talk to you in your next post.

    Cheers,

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Joel,

    Welcome to the Summer Learning Journey of 2018-2019. It is great to see that your posting a lot over the pass few weeks. I am proud of you that you are taking your time to complete these challenges. Your facts are really interesting. Which one is your favourite?

    Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings Joel!
    I have decided to comment on your blog again! What is your favorite activity doing? My one for me was the Flax weaving. Are you still going to be updated with your blogging?

    Keep it up!
    By Chavda

    ReplyDelete