Pages

Friday 24 May 2019

My Niuean Culture DLO- Sharing my culture and Identity, CARE AWARDS


Today I presented a DLO about my Niuean culture and why Niuean culture is important to me. I have put all my effort into creating this DLO to share with LS2. In my DLO I explain my Identity about my families history of migrating from Niue to New Zealand. I have explained where my family originated from which is Makefu a village out of the 14 villages that make up Niue. On slide 3 I explained 2 celebrations that Niueans celebrate in Niue and in Auckland. One of Niues most important days is Peniamina day because it is a special annual to remember Niue's first missionary Nukai Peniamina who rests in the village where my family originated from. The 2nd celebration that we celebrate in Niue is our haircutting ceremonies which is a celebration to celebrate Niuean boys for getting their first haircut. This ceremony happens on a Saturday as it is the only off work day. Slide 4 explains our Niuean feast which we eat Tekihi and Uga which are then made into traditional foods for friends and family in Niue. The last slide talks about places that you can visit and view in Niue. These places are stunning view sites that view rock pools and sunsets.




No comments:

Post a Comment