Pages

Monday 28 May 2018

Flight of a life time.

Flight of a lifetime
I stared at my brother as he gazed into the night, mother owl flew through the cold gusty breeze.
I glared at the city view which made me have a terrifying feeling,
about what it will be like too fly on the first flight.
I felt the temper of the incoming breeze trying too pull me into the night.
I felt nervous and scared.
I couldn't let my fear overcome myself but after a while
I encouraged myself too drift into the night sky.


I became even more brave when I took the first flight,
I knew that I had faith in myself. I was so frightened before but now I am able to fly on my own.
I searched the forests down below to look for dinner, until I came upon a river.
I was watching fish leaping out of the rough current
as my mouth started to drip with saliva and was making me hungry.
So I leapt and flew to the river to capture my prey until I caught a fish
and flew back to my mother and laid the fish on the branch.


When I finished dinner I felt like the cool breeze lifting my wings up,
so I got ready and took off into the sunset.
Mother owl and brother Owl followed me as we twirled into the colourful sky above.



This week Ms Anderson's writing group had a discussion about writing a narrative. After we finished the discussion Ms Anderson´s writing group talked about using powerful words and synonyms to make the story more hooking to the reader. Then we all went off to write our story. I wrote about myself being a owl and having my first flight. In my story I have written about how I over came that fear with my courage and hope. I hope you enjoy my story about flight of a life time. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joel,
    I've read through your fabulous story of 2 owls about their life time flight across the city!.. and very well done for describing how and why the owl felt very terrified. I can also see you've used present tense, time connectives and put your words into paragraphs! but some of your sentences didn't make sense to me... If I were you I would read through the story maybe about 3 times or more just to check if I've written sentences that don't make sense to me or the reader. Well done you've hooked me in! keep up this superb work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joel your story about the owl is very cool and sounded like an exciting adventure. Excellent effort. Well done.

    Mum

    ReplyDelete