Pages

Monday 27 August 2018

Advertisment of a local Gym in our community

Key into Evaluation
Level Two Set T2

Evaluation requires the skills or reorganization and inference.  Answers must come from the information in the story. Look for keywords. Consider the writer’s intent.

Gym

My only brother was also my twin.  You would think that because we were identical we would act the same way and like the same things.  He was born forty minutes before me and would often remind me of the fact. Because I was keen on sport, he would also rub me up the wrong way by raving on about how sport was boring and a big waste of time.

“Who, little brother,” he would jeer, “needs to suffer pain unnecessarily?”

When we turned fifteen my parents surprised me with a year’s subscription to the In-Shape Gym.  Now I was able to join Brant and Ethan each Monday and Wednesday evening to seriously work out. When they turned up at home to pick me up Josh would be sprawled out on the couch mindlessly watching cartoons or playing his new PlayStation.  He would poke fun at us and say that the best way to deal with an urge to exercise was ’to stay calm and wait until it went away.’

“Just playing sport is bad enough,” he scoffed, “but working out is over the top.  And Tim,” he says, leaning forward and screwing up his nose, “the only reason you would want to go there would be to attract the girls!”

So it was a surprise, when having decided to go to the gym late one Thursday afternoon, we saw Josh come out the side door dressed in a tracksuit carrying a sports bag in his hand.  What’s more, he crossed the road and walked straight up to a smiling Tammy Aster - the most gorgeous girl at our school.

a.  Why did his brother refer to him as ‘little brother’?
Because he was born forty minutes later.

b.  Do you think the writer was happy with his birthday present?  Why do you say that?
Yes because he wanted to exercise with his friends.

c.  What present do you think Tim’s brother got for his fifteenth birthday?
The other brother got a play station for his birthday.
d.  Why do you think Josh was at the gym?
Because he wanted to meet Tammy Aster.
Reaction question:

Would you like to be Josh’s brother?  Why do you say that?

No because I don't want to be the brother who doesn't go to the Gym but  just stays at home and play on the play station all day.

In reading I created an advertisement of a local Gym near our school. The Gym that I have picked was City fitness because it is closer to our school.
I first had to complete my Key into Evaluation then finish answering the question on the document.
I found out that to join city fitness is $6.99 to join for a week. And to be a member of this gym its $11.99.
I wrote some of the information that I found out about city fitness. After that I popped in a photo of the city fitness logo.
In my key into evaluation I read the text from the top to bottom then I answered some of the questions. Some of the questions were quite difficult because some I couldn understand well.
Next time I will try my best to figure out the answer to the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment